The west side is the central front of the castle. The middle part with a flight of seven windows, is the oldest building dating from around 1540, the northern wing of the main front was built in 1575/76 according to the inscription panel to set it again after the round tower earlier model. The extension, which points to the south, was with the stairs and the upper gallery on the foundations of the parapet wall around 1673 and listed simultaneously closed down the old main entrance in the round (west) tower. A tank with about 12 meters depth is in the small courtyard, which due to its oversized square is perhaps from the ancient world – was still above a Belenusheiligtum that was connected to a water cult – the second, with 13 meters depth, in the North corner of the large courtyard. There is right, the reconstructed walkway flanked the small chapel with lovely painted ceiling and wall frescos and a typical Carinthian auricular altar of 1673, left of the altar is a good, elongated image on wood, depicting George Khevenhüller with his two wives Anna (Turzo) and Sibilla ( Weitmoser) and their seven children. The premises include the Napoleon left over part of the armory, consisting of a large number of armaments to part with the Khevenhüller coat of arms, along with coats of mail, shields, balaclavas, saddles, powder horns, spears, lances, halberds, guns, etc. A large number of family portraits and historical paintings adorn the walls and in display cases are pieces of special historical value, associated with the castle or family history in context.